Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubleshooting system crash (kernel panic?)

Beans

Re: Troubleshooting system crash (kernel panic?)

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    ...So suspected, it is running out of system resources...Watch what you run, and how many browser tabs you have open at a time. Watch how many applications you have open concurrently at the same time.
    The systems run RiseVision media player for digital signage, as my original post indicates. That's it, besides system processes. No browser or other applications. Also, as mentioned in my first post, I have 3 of these systems, and 2 of them run reliably. It's only one of the systems that sometimes apparently crashes. All 3 display similar content, mostly text and some background and still image graphics. No video or audio. The systems originally came with Windows 10 S. They ran just OK, but updates took annoyingly long to apply. Moving to Lubuntu seemed to substantially improve performance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Windows "S" is a minimal resource version of Windows, meant for minimal hardware. But that is a distraction with this. It is running fine on your other two systems on Lubuntu.

I think we should compare the 3 systems and see what might be different on this one system.

The easiest way I can figure out how to possibly see that it to run the 'system-info' script (in my signature line) on all three, and upload all 3 to pastebins. That way we can compare all 3 reports, side by side, line by line...

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    ...The easiest way I can figure out how to possibly see that it to run the 'system-info' script (in my signature line) on all three, and upload all 3 to pastebins. That way we can compare all 3 reports, side by side, line by line...
    Edit: I just realized that Pastebin folders are visible only to users on their own Pastebin account. I had made the 3 unlisted posts, all in the same folder, and shared (in this response, before edit) the folder URL.
    Here are links to the 3 posts:
    Compute stick with problem
    Compute stick healthy 1
    Compute stick healthy 2
    Last edited by Regexaurus; January 4th, 2024 at 10:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

For me, neofetch shows...
    Code:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12